I always just pretty much skipped unit testing JavaBeans since the work involved didn’t seem worth it. Today though, I was troubled by the lack of coverage on the Javabeans in our Emma code coverage reports so I googled and found this bit of unit testing brilliance: Unit Testing Javabeans. It’s a simple class that uses introspection to test the bean and works great!
Yes, I did days 2 and 3, I just didn’t blog about it til now.
Woke up sore – not immensely sore, but definitely sore. The workout kicked my butt.
20 seconds in (I think it was butt kicks) and my legs were killing me – back of my thighs (hamstrings?) were screaming… and that was just 20 seconds in. This workout was hard. I was already pretty sore already and this was rough. I don’t think I got through half of each of the exercises and I’m not positive I’m doing some of them correctly.
I didn’t look at the workout ahead of time and it turns out it’s a recovery day (yay for recover days!) – a bunch of stretching. The stretching was hard (man my hamstrings(?)) are sore, but this was a welcome change from the high intensity stuff. I’m still sore, but it’s not killing me… makes me wonder if I’m not pushing hard enough.
- I have never been on a diet in my life and I can now really empathize with people that diet. I have been craving so much other (bad) food, but I’ve been sticking to it and not wavering/cheating. On Day 4 (Thursday), during dinner, I had an iced coffee – that was my first “splurge”, but I cut back on the hazelnut cream and used some skim milk so it wasn’t too bad (I hope). I haven’t had coffee all week (since Sunday).
- The food isn’t too bad really. The roast beef wrap, egg white wrap, and lean burger are pretty darn good. The chicken meatballs aren’t nearly as tasty as I thought they would be. The chicken breasts I cooked ahead of time on the grill but I screwed them up and the chicken is dry and tough but that’s my fault, not the recipes’.
- I’ve easily eaten more fruit this week than I have in the past 15 years. I’ve been doing five 400 calorie meals so I’ve had to add 100 calories to each one and many times it’s a fruit. The vanilla berry protein smoothie is pretty tsasty!
- It’s hard to get used to eating 5 small meals a day and I have to take a freakin satchel full of food so I can eat THREE meals at work.
- The two muscles that are hurting the worst are the backs of my thighs (hamstrings?) and the muscles under my underarms – no idea what muscle that is, but damn they are sore. Every time I move, some muscle complains about it. Never been this sore – ever. Epic moment of the day – it hurt to pass gas.
Just 59 days to go!
Today was the Insanity fit test. Kicked my ass. I woke up at 6 AM (ugh!) to do it. I got through the first 6 (of 8) exercises and then felt like I was gonna hurl. Hopefully I can last longer in the coming days/months. The diet might be harder than the exercise – I’ve never done any type of diet in my life. I’ve always eaten whatever I wanted. The diet they put you on is 5 smaller healthy meals a day and just water to drink. Before most of the meals today I wasn’t really hungry. I’ll have the same 5 meals every other day. Tomorrow is 5 new meals – and an actual workout (not a fit test). I’m sore already from just the fit test… I’m sure I’ll be incredibly sore after a workout.
I’m stating the Insanity workout tomorrow. I’m 5′ 11″ and 174 pounds – I’m not overweight (though I’m near the top of the range), and my BMI is in the healthy range. I’m out of shape though – seriously out of shape. It’s been ages (and by ages, I mean YEARS) since I’ve done any real exercise. So, this should be fun. I’m not looking to lose weight, just looking to get in shape.
Today I’ve been prepping food for the week – I feel like I’m prepping for the Zombie Apocalypse. Seems like I prepped all day.
Yesterday was a big day for me. After almost six years at my current job, I am changing jobs and I have accepted a job offer from a local non-profit and I start on July 9. Words can’t express how happy and excited I am to start this new job.