Yes, I did days 2 and 3, I just didn’t blog about it til now.
Woke up sore – not immensely sore, but definitely sore. The workout kicked my butt.
20 seconds in (I think it was butt kicks) and my legs were killing me – back of my thighs (hamstrings?) were screaming… and that was just 20 seconds in. This workout was hard. I was already pretty sore already and this was rough. I don’t think I got through half of each of the exercises and I’m not positive I’m doing some of them correctly.
I didn’t look at the workout ahead of time and it turns out it’s a recovery day (yay for recover days!) – a bunch of stretching. The stretching was hard (man my hamstrings(?)) are sore, but this was a welcome change from the high intensity stuff. I’m still sore, but it’s not killing me… makes me wonder if I’m not pushing hard enough.
- I have never been on a diet in my life and I can now really empathize with people that diet. I have been craving so much other (bad) food, but I’ve been sticking to it and not wavering/cheating. On Day 4 (Thursday), during dinner, I had an iced coffee – that was my first “splurge”, but I cut back on the hazelnut cream and used some skim milk so it wasn’t too bad (I hope). I haven’t had coffee all week (since Sunday).
- The food isn’t too bad really. The roast beef wrap, egg white wrap, and lean burger are pretty darn good. The chicken meatballs aren’t nearly as tasty as I thought they would be. The chicken breasts I cooked ahead of time on the grill but I screwed them up and the chicken is dry and tough but that’s my fault, not the recipes’.
- I’ve easily eaten more fruit this week than I have in the past 15 years. I’ve been doing five 400 calorie meals so I’ve had to add 100 calories to each one and many times it’s a fruit. The vanilla berry protein smoothie is pretty tsasty!
- It’s hard to get used to eating 5 small meals a day and I have to take a freakin satchel full of food so I can eat THREE meals at work.
- The two muscles that are hurting the worst are the backs of my thighs (hamstrings?) and the muscles under my underarms – no idea what muscle that is, but damn they are sore. Every time I move, some muscle complains about it. Never been this sore – ever. Epic moment of the day – it hurt to pass gas.
Just 59 days to go!